All volunteers who work with children are required by the state of PA and our Presbytery to have the following clearances and training. Clearances are ONLY good for 5 years and MUST be renewed two months before they expire. If you have been notified by the Children’s Ministry team or the church secretary that your current clearances are expiring, the links to renew are below.
PA Child Abuse History Clearance – required
PA State Police Criminal Record Check - required
Certificate of Completion for “Recognizing and Reporting Abuse”,
- a mandated training on reporting child abuse – required
A signed Discloure Statement
- (CLICK HERE for the Statement form) which states that you have not been accused of or convicted of child abuse or driving under the influence, and must be witnessed by the church secretary, or a member of Session and returned to the church office.
There is no charge for these clearances because you are a volunteer, and the online training will take approximately 6-8 hours of your time. If you have not been a resident of PA for at least 10 years or are an employee of church, you will need to also complete the FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
FBI Fingerprint Clearance -
Go to https://www.identogo.com
- Click top right corner "Get Fingerprinted"
- Select your state
- Scroll down to Digital Fingerprinting
- Click FBI History Check
- Click schedule or manage appointment and fill out form
- The Service Code is 1KG756